Today I started this new blog to put down my thoughts about the many genres and to express my impressions and knowledge about those with which I am familiar. Books having an historical background are my favorites, whether fictional or non-fictional. The European cultures and historical events during times of the knights and the wars between countries like France and England, the religious wars, the plagues and so many things in the past. I often find that reading a book with a historical background brings that period to life as no history book ever did. Many times I become so engrossed in it that I find myself doing research about that very time period, place and customs of the country where the story took place. I hope this blog will open others to the world of entertainment and knowledge to be gained through reading.
GeeGee
No comments:
Post a Comment